Make Your Own
Benefits of making your own natural skin care products:-
- Easy to DIY
- Easy to find ingredients (from the kitchen!)
- Easy on your pocket
- You get to choose the ingredients you want
Things to check before getting started with any natural skin care recipes:-
- Hygiene - clean the ingredients and tools properly before use (knife, bowl, brush, spoon, fruits etc).
- Do a lot of research on the ingredients and recipe beforehand and seek professional advice before using. Don't lab-rat your skin with unknown ingredients or recipes.
- Patch test - always test on a small area before applying to the whole area to rule out any possibilities of allergies. Discontinue use should irritation occurs.
- Fresh ingredients - do not use expired ingredients. If you are using fresh produce, use fresh (and organic if possible).
- If you intend to keep the homemade product:
- Label it with DATE and the RECIPE
- Keep it cool (most natural homemade recipes are best kept cool
- When in doubt at all, throw it away! If you suspects rot, smells weird, looks funny, don't think twice.
Ready to Make Your Own natural skin care?