Make Your Own: Skin Firming Mask for Face and Body
How does cocoa powder benefits the skin?
Cocoa powder is rich in antioxidant that helps get rid of free radicals in the skin. It helps repair the skin, firming and adds a glow to your skin...
- Rich in antioxidant
- Firm up the skin
- Adds glow to your face
- Soften and exfoliate the skin
Cocoa Facial Mask Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (often enough for face and neck)
Liquid ingredients (either one):
- 1 Egg yolk or
- 3 tablespoons of milk or
- 3 tablespoons of plain water
- 3 tablespoons of oil of your preference (eg. olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil)
As usual, the few things to check before you get started with homemade recipes:
- Hygiene (clean ingredients and tools eg. fruits, knives, bowls etc)
- Patch test - and pass the test first (test it on a small area such as the back of hand to rule out chances of allergies or irritation reaction)
- Use fresh (and organic if possible) ingredients
- If you intend to keep the homemade product:
- Label it with DATE and RECIPES
- Keep it cool (most natural homemade recipes are best kept cool
- When in doubt at all, don't think twice, throw it away!
The making of cocoa mask is simple:
- Mix the cocoa powder with the liquid ingredient of your choice.
- Mix well and apply to your skin.
- Leave on for 15 minutes (you can do it during shower).
- Rinse off thoroughly.
Other cocoa mask additional ingredients I have yet to try:
- Brown sugar
- Ground oatmeal
- Ground coffee
- Sea salt
When it comes to using natural ingredients in homemade beauty recipes, please always do a lot of research. beforehand. Don't lab-rat your precious skin.
Are you lazy to surf the internet but need more ideas for natural homemade masks without creating disaster to your skin? Tanzi Beauty and Sarah Brooks wrote insightful ebooks with easy-to-make homemade recipes (using as few as 2 ingredients) where the benefits of the natural properties are outlined so that you know which recipes suit your skin. For such price, the information in the book is more than worthy.